Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So surprised!

 I am never excited to go to the doctor but on May 1st I couldn't wait.  Being at work, 2:00 crept slowly.  Mom and Christa met us at our apt so we could all drive over together for the sonogram.  My whole pregnancy my mom kept saying, "Nicci I think you are going to have a boy."   Matt's side of the family is a line of boys.  At the beginning of the pregnancy I wanted a girl but then saw how much fun boys are with trucks, tractors, etc.  So the sonogram lady was super cute and had a great personality.  She made the whole experience really fun.  I'm laying on the bed and she puts this warm gel on my tummy and then starts the whole process.  It was so fun to see that something inside of me is growing and I'm not just getting this jello belly.  We saw the long legs, which probably are really tiny but looked long to us.  The baby was just resting, almost like he/she was in a hamick.  The technician kept pushing on my tummy to try and get some movement out of the baby.  We finally got the baby to separate the legs and the tech says, "Oh look there is three lines!"  My response was, "What? Are you sure? You better double check!"  She replied with, "I'm sure."  My mom said Matt was going limp.  We couldn't believe it!  We had all these boy names picked out, Wil, and Jack and now are trying to think of some girl names.  We want a name that is definitely a girl name, nothing that could be a girl/boy name.  Matt later said deep down he wanted a girl.  On quick funny story, my neighbor Courtney did a trick that if a dangling pencil held by a string and paper clip, went up and down on your arm then it's a boy and if it the pencil went side to side, it meant your having a girl.  Well she did it to me twice and both times it said we were having a boy.  She swore up and down that it was valid. So later that day when she came home from work I said, "Courtney you need to quite your day job and start the pencil business."  Her eyes sparkled and she said, "Oh you are having a boy, I knew it!"  Then I shared the news!  Pretty funny.
 First trimester. I think I'm around 17 weeks here.
For work I made a vanilla cake and put cool whip with strawberries in the middle.  I used red food coloring to dye the cool whip pink.  As I cut into the cake, my co-workers found out! 
Around 21 weeks!

4 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

CONGRATS!!! Girls are so much fun and she is going to be so cute! Have a blast dressing her up and being a mommy! So happy for you guys!

Danny & Alyssa Coon said...

Congratulations! How exciting, you are going to be such a good mom!

Jill said...

I was grinning through your whole story! It is so very exciting! I love how much you love this little baby girl already. I can feel it!! I am so very happy for your family to begin with a little girl.

Whitney Royer said...

You are looking fantastic! Brett and I are so excited for you and Matt! Oh by the way I found your blog on Daleen's blog and have since been blog stalking you. :)
~Whitney Royer (don't let the Call part trick you)