Friday, March 27, 2009

An Amazing Week!!!

So Monday Night our ward had Family Home Evening with President and Sister Clark. It was more of a question and answer session. We just happen to move in to the right wards. Last year we were able to have Family Home Evening with them in our old ward and then in this new ward. It was really good!
Then Wednesday night was Grad Night with President and Sister Clark. Sister Clark spoke first and then President Clark. They both did an excellent job. She discussed some people having fear and some people are just ready to hit the world hard after they graduate. I have been a little fearful because I always thought I would get pregnant and be a stay at home mom, but that is not what Heavenly Father has in store for us right now. No more school but hitting the workforce, kind of scary. I plan to work so I can help Matt get through school when he applies to KU. But Sister Clark read 1 Nephi 22: 25 which states, "And he gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture." Heavenly Father knows your name and my name. He has a plan for me! It might be a different plan than what I am imagining but he will guide Matt and I. Just from that scripture I gain greater confidence, hope, faith, and strength. President Clark also talked about holding onto the Iron Rod by reading our scriptures, going to the temple, having Family Home Evening, and many other important principles. Then he discussed whirlwinds of dust and mists of darkness and how it is so important to grasp the iron rod. Then he told us to beware of the inner circle of people in the work force. They might or believe they have power. He said within ourselves we will see a change and start seeing work, hobbies, and extra curriculum activities are more important then family. I hope Matt and I can always remember family comes first. We will have darkness in this world, but President Clark remarked how that as darkness increase their will be more light in this world. I strongly believe that, look at the gospel spreading and temples being built! Students at Brigham Young University-Idaho will be a light unto the world and employees will wonder where they came from. President Clark said something to the effect of how wonderful it has been to live in "Zion." I am grateful for this University, and for the power it has had on my life. I am grateful that I could receive secular knowledge as well as gospel knowledge here. I know the Lord will bless us!

Then today I had the promoting to go to the temple this morning. I didn't have any assignments or projects due so I did and it was amazing! I love the Rexburg Temple, it is so beautiful. I love the feeling I get everytime I go, the spirit! I can't wait for our family to come and hopefully we can go! Then later today, I got an e-mail from a lady in KS telling me she received my resume and wants to interview me!!! The Lord truly does bless you when you listen and follow the promptings of the Lord. Only 2 more weeks till graduation!!!! Whoot Whoot!!!


4 comments:

Alisha said...

That is great about graduating and the interview and everything! Sounds like President and Sister Clarke had some great things to say. I hope we see you before you move away forever!

BriANDaleen said...

I really wish we would have gone to grad night, but Brian had too much to do...I guess there's always when he gets his bachelor's ;). Sounded like a good experience though. Good luck getting the rest of school done!

BriANDaleen said...

Oh, and I hope you get a GOOD job!

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Cute picture at the top Nicci!!! It makes me laugh! Only one more week to go and we are outta here!! Yea!!!