Monday, October 12, 2009

My Sweet Grandma

On September 25, 2009 on Grandma passed away. It happen very fast and unexpectedly. I was very close to my grandmother and am glad that I was able to attend school near her. I know she is happy and with my grandpa. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's great eternal plan and I know I will see her again.

Here is my grandpa's headstone.

Here is my dad with my cousin Travis.

Katie and I at the burial.


My beautiful sisters and I.

My grandmother had been working on this for a surprise graduation gift for me. She had talked to my mother and said, "Don't tell Nicci because I want it to be a surprise." I think something inside of her knew that she was going to pass because weeks before she had told a friend that she had to get it done! These are the flowers (I have been wanting to do something with them anyway) from my wedding and the Salt Lake temple is when her and my grandpa were sealed in the Salt Lake temple along with my father. She went to the craft store and picked out the shadow box along with the satin at the bottom. On the little card it says, "Matthew and Nicole, Married on Feburary 15, 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple." When we arrived to her house from traveling all the way from Kansas and I saw it and couldn't believe she had done this. The gift really touched me and made miss her more. I love it and wish I could have told her in person how much it means to me. I will always cherish it. Matt wasn't to thrilled to have dead flowers in the house, oh well.



6 comments:

Jill said...

I am so glad you did a catch up. I have missed not hearing what is going on in your lives! I love your hair short! Sorry about your Grandma, but you are right, she is happy with her honey! Good luck to Matt with nursing school. Are you coming to AZ for Thanksgiving?

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

Im sorry about your grandma, she sounded like such a sweet lady and the dried flowers she made you are beautiful...how fun is it that you had a gift from her when you got there. Thats really neat. Well you two look great and we miss you! Hope to see you soon!

Erin and Devin said...

Nick!!! It is so good to hear how you and Matt are doing. I am sorry to hear about your grandma! She was an amazing lady and I loved being able to stay with you at their house during conference weekends. Sorry, I have not yet called you back from quite a few weeks ago. I will call you soon! Miss you and glad to hear everything is going well! Love ya Newman!

The Six Moores said...

Nicci, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. What a wonderful gift she made you though! You'll chareish that forever. All your blog posts are cute. good job on the 5K! Tell your family hello for me. Love ya tons

Tina Braegger said...

love the flowers..that was so sweeet of her. Congrats on running a 5k! That is awesome! Are you guys still in Rexburg?

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

You updated your blog! It has been too long! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad to hear you are okay! Where are you working? How are you guys like Kansas! Miss you!