Monday, October 12, 2009

Recently...

It has been awhile since I last posted but here is what is going on in our world...

Matt just finished his application for the KU nursing program. It was this big ordeal where he had to write essays on why he wants to be a nurse and some of his qualifications. He then had to get three letter of reccomendations to include in his application. I am so proud of him for getting it done while working and going to school. It was due this month and we will find out in Feburary. We both can't believe we won't find out until Feburary to see if he gets in or not. In the meantime he plans to apply to other colleges in the area. Matt quit doing banquets because we never saw he each other and is currently working for his parents selling used cars. It has been quite the adventure for me. Orginally he bought me a Nessian Maxima 2000 however found someone that was interested in it and made a good profit from it. Then he went to the sale and got a killer deal on an Infinti G20 I love it! It has leather seats, sun roof, and seat warmers which is so nice to have with the weather getting cooler.

I stayed where I did my internship as a preschool teacher. I am really enjoying and love working with that age group. A funny story is one day this little boy's parents asked him who worked with him that day and he replied, "Jicole." They were thinking, "Jicole? Oh does she have blue eyes and blonde hair?" He smiled and said, "Yes." So now whenever his parents see me they call me Jicole (I came home and told Matt and we both agreed it sounds like an African American name). Most of the children are so loving and one little boy will come up and say, "Mrs. Nichole, I love you."

Children love to learn and are so inquiste about the world around them. This past week we were talking about acorns and squirrels. So on Friday I brought in an acorn and had the children use a magnifying glass to see it up close. Then I went around and asked them what they thought was in the acorn. Some of them said a nut, or a dinosaur egg!!! Then one little boy pipped up and said "Well lets find out!" So I got out a hammer and let the children take turns on taking a wak at the acorn! One little boy laughed and giggled each time someone hit the acorn. When we got done to the nut part, one little boy shouts out, "It's A Peanut!" This of course cracked me up! Days like these I just love my job.

Being close to family has been really fun! In a couple of weeks we will be going to Nauvoo with our families to be with Scott as he takes out his endowments. It will be a glorious day when Katie and Sarah make sacred coventants too. I recently got a calling to be the CTR 6 teacher and Matt got called to be the Priest Quorum Advisor.

Another day we are looking forward to is when our Aunt Rita comes all the way from Germany! She is coming in November and will be staying for about two weeks. We wish the rest of the family was coming.
Oh and I can't forget to acknowledge what movie is coming out in November.... NEW MOON! My mother-in-law (also pictured with Rita) got us midnight showing tickets!!! I am so excited. Both Christa and I are excited to see Robert!

No comments: