Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Newest Addition to the Family

So after many months of Matt searching and searching we found the one! The car is a Mazda 6, the grand touring! We sold my little red car back in August, who we named Vuna. We put it one craigslist on Wednesday evening around 6:30 p.m. and it was sold by 7:30 p.m. So Matt has been busing me around and hasn't complained once. I've decided you can make it work with one car, it just requires alot of communication and patience. When we first got married, Matt taught me a very valuable lesson, "If we don't have the money for it, we don't need it!" So we have really tired hard to live by that principle. We've been socking our money away and eating beans and rice for dinner, just kidding. We really liked this model but everytime Matt would go to the auctions, some other dealers would out bid him. Matt found this car in Florida on a Wednesday and bought it. Then the following Tuesday surprised me with it by picking me up from work in it. I was shocked he was able to keep it a secret from me for that long! It was like my night in shinning armor galloping on a black horse, except it this car! I was literally jumping for joy! When I got in the car the first thing I said was, "Is this ours?" "He replied with, "Yes Nicci this is ours, I wouldn't be pulling your chain!" It has leather seats, push button start (which is really amazing, I just have to have the control in my pocket, push the button, and tadah it starts), blind spot monitoring, and many other fascinating features. I need to thank our Heavenly Father because I strongly believe he had a hand in this, I am so grateful for it. Don't ya think Matt deserves the husband of the year award?








3 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

Oooo, pretty! Congrats and good job Matt!!!

Erin and Devin said...

Oh! Its a BEAUTY!!! :) How very exciting! Devin and I are looking for a new car... (We will still only have one) but our car that we have now is getting old and we can't put any more money into it... So... onto the next! :) Its good to hear from you! I hope all is well!

Jill said...

What a surprise! You two are a great couple. Love you both.
That is a beautiful car. Where are the babies going to sit?????