Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Reunion and Katie's wedding

 July 25, Matt and I flew in SLC. We first went to Brett and Whitney Royer's home and then drove down to Orem for a Royer family BBQ.  It was really fun to see all the Royers.  Thurs- we went up in the mountains near Highland/Alpine area and had a picnic.  My uncles brought up canoes.  Needless to say,  there weren't to many of us that were dry at the end of the day.  One funny story is my dad was sitting in the canoe and my mom starts to get in.  Instead of stooping down, she walks across the canoe and ends up tipping the canoe over!  All before this happened, my mom said to my uncles, "Marty doesn't want to get wet." Oops! Thursday night was family skit night.  Each family comes up with a skit and performs.  The Tietjens did Will Rogers Follies.  Friday we headed up to Idaho Falls for Katie to receive her endowments. We first met up with Justina and Curtis at Stockmans (Matt's favorite restaurant in Idaho).  It was fun to catch up with them.  We miss living close to them.  Then we raced over to the temple.  I've done baptisms but never a session. It was beautiful and the spirit was so strong. Later we caught up Shar and Doug Bitter.  Shar and I were roommates for one semester at BYU-Idaho.  Rooming with her was one of my best semesters.  She is due two days after I am with her third boy! Saturday was the big day!  Katie was a beautiful bride.  She had a luncheon for all the family and friends, then the ceremony, and then a reception that night.  I'm so mad at myself for not bringing my camera. Sunday- we drove back to SLC and had an hour before we had to get to the airport.  We decided to stop and walk the grounds at the temple.  Boy the flowers were breath taking!  I love the SLC Temple.  Enjoy the pictures below.  I am 32 weeks pregnant! 





















































No comments: