Sunday, September 23, 2012

Still pregnant

Yes, I'm still pregnant. My due date was Wednesday, September 19 and today is the 23rd. I thought for sure she would be here since we moved and I've be going up and down stairs but no she has decided to stay in there for a little longer and bake. Friday we went to the doctor, Parul Nguyen, and she said I was definitely dilated to a 3. Also I am effaced 75 to 80 percent!  I was overly excited to hear this since the last two weeks I was barely a 2 and hadn't made much progress.  I asked her how much she thinks this little girl is going to weigh and she said around the lower eights.  I made it clear to her that I don't want an nine pound baby.  I was in the sevens and Matt was in the sixs. I also love my doctor.  Every appointment she checks the heart beat, smiles and sighs.  This in turn makes me smile.  I told her she had to have the greatest job.  She in turn agreed and said that there is nothing more precious than having a newborn baby snuggle right up to you (acting this out while stating the fact).  In the mean time I start to tear up and Matt just rolls his eyes.  She also said she gets to send the baby home and get plenty of sleep.  Ha Ha, I guess that is true.  After checking me on Friday, I sat straight up and the doctor said, "Look at you still using your ab muscles."  She sure knows how to make a pregnant women feel good.  Matt just kind of chuckled because I guess I was beaming after she said that.
Matt started school at UMKC in August. Hes knocking out the pre-dental classes.  After the first couple of days of school he came home and laughed and said, "It sure isn't BYU."  He says everyone comes to class in the morning with their coffee and complains if the don't, "I didn't get my coffee this morning, ugh I'm so tired."  It's amazing how people think they need their coffee to get them going.  He has a teacher from Bulgaria and one from the middle east. Matt can do their accents pretty well and a die laughing each time.  I helped him study for a biology test the other night and let's just say I'm glad its him and not me.  Science was never my strong subject in school.  He is doing well and excels in math and science- which I dreaded.
We decided to move to a two bedroom/two bathroom apt.  When we went to the office, they told us there was one available in the same apt. building we were living in so we jumped on it.  Matt wanted to move into it before the baby came which at the time I was dreading the idea of moving and being 39 weeks pregnant but it all worked out.  We painted her room pink and the hall/kitchen/dinning room/living room a brownish/tanish.  Thanks to Matt, Christa and my mom it looks really good!  The paint makes the white doors and crown molding pop!  We are getting settled and getting all her stuff ready to go.  I also love living on the first floor.
One funny story is Matt and I were at Walmart on a Friday night- I know lame.  I was in the frozen area looking at orange juice.  I sometimes have these weird carvings for orange juice.  This couple, in their 40s walks down the isle and says, "The ice-cream is on the opposite side."  I laugh and said, "Yes I know, I've been eating that too."  By this time Matt joins me and is wondering if I know these people or what.  So they asked me when I'm due, which at that point was Wednesday.  They ask me where I'm going to deliver and what we are going to name her name- short talk.  So eventually we say, "Well have a good evening."  You know that point in conversation where you like lets move on.  Next the guy asks me, "Well are you going to get the epidural?"  I inform him yes. He then starts going on about a story with his first wife (I'm thinking how many wives have you had) and how it wasn't that painful once she received the epidural.  Then he looks at the women he is living with and looks at her to agree with him.  He then states it's better to get the epidural during the day compared to at night because the anesthesiologist are way better during the day.  So this conversation went on for probably five minutes and he did most of the talking!  Matt and I finally said our goodbyes after trying to break away two or three times before.  We died laughing when we got in the car. 
I just keep looking at my body thinking, "Will it ever be normal again?" Friday night at dinner I was able to balance my glass cup on my belly.  Matt thought that was pretty stinkin hilarious.  It's a pain to bend over, when I walk I feel like I walk the speed of an 98 year old woman.  Matt says I'm not wadling like a penguin yet so I'm grateful for that.  Matt is always head of me when at the mall or at the grocery stores.  I had this horrible dream that we were at the hospital and while walking down the hallway, her arm started coming out and I could see it!  I'm still working and on Friday my co-workers started to question if I'm really am pregnant or maybe she is going to graduate highschool in my belly.  Ha Ha, I don't think so. 


BriANDaleen said...

Hang in there Nicci! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl!!

Jill said...

You are looking so amazing! You are going to bounce back in no time at all. Can't wait to see that little sweet heart!! Make sure you post pictures as soon as you can! Love you. I hope she comes soon!